Sunday, April 6, 2008

Turkey Hill Ice Cream

In one of my earlier posts I was recounting the flavors I had on my last visit to Amish Country. Here is an update.

Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates: This is a limited edition flavor that was slated for February. It was hard to find when I first got to PA, but by the early part of the week we were able to find it. This has a milk chocolate ice cream base that is truly amazing. It also has white chocolate pieces, raspberry chocolate cups, and chocolate covered almonds. This is one of the better ice creams I've had.

Black Raspberry: This was a favorite among my Amish friends. I found it to be very good for a basic fruit flavor. I tend to favor ice cream with more inclusions, but it was quite food.

Chocolate Marshmallow: I love marshmallow swirl in ice cream and this is one of the best flavors I've had. I need to stock up on this.

Philadelphia Style All-Natural Vanilla Bean: This was great, we used it to make root beer floats with the Amish. It was gone pretty quickly.

No comments: