Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lapp Valley Farm Ice Cream

On my last visit to Lancaster County I had the best ice cream ever. It was Lapp Valley Farm Ice Cream. They make their ice cream on the premises. If you are there in the morning or around 4 pm, you can watch them milk the cows. The prices are quite reasonable. It is located in New Holland, PA. They also have a stand at Kitchen Kettle Village, which is where I got my ice cream. My wife had Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, I had Butter Brickle and Peanut Butter Swirl. The cows are Jerseys and the ice cream has a noticeably high butterfat content. I have never had ice cream so smooth and velvety. They also make home made potato chips but I have not tried them.

Lapp Valley Farm
244 Mentzer Road
New Holland, PA 17557
717-354-7988

Or Kitchen Kettle Village

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi. I work at the PA Dutch Convention and Visitors Bureau, and I noticed that you write a lot about Lancaster County from the consumer perspective. We are at the beginning stages of an Official Lancaster County Blog, and I am looking for some guest bloggers. Please let me know if you would be interested. My e-mail is: slong@padutchcountry.com. Thanks for your consideration.