Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ginna Hoben

One of my personal favorite actors at the American Shakespeare Center is Ginna Hoben. Ginna is a very versatile performer with a great sense of comedic timing. The first play I saw her in was Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead opposite the wonderful Richard Blunt. They both were brilliant and the play was one of the best I've seen on the Blackfriars stage. Ginna was also a show stealer as Adriana in The Comedy of Errors. She is currently with the ASC On Tour performing as Helena in All's Well That Ends Well, Nell in The Knight of the Burning Pestle, and as the Nurse, Lady Montague, the Chorus, and Balthasar in Romeo and Juliet. She'll be reprising these roles in the upcoming Spring Season at the Blackfriars. Ginna will also be part of the resident troupe this year at the Blackfriars and will be performing in The Taming of the Shrew, Othello, John O'Keefe's Wild Oats, Henry IV, Part 2, and Thomas Heywood's The Fair Maid of the West. Ginna is also a playwright, and will be performing in her one woman show, The Twelve Dates of Christmas this holiday season at the Blackfriars. Be sure to check them all out!

Anyway, Ginna and I have been corresponding a bit since I saw her in Rosencrantz & Guildenstern and she is getting married to another actor, Sheffield Chastain on October 10, 2010. I asked her to write a blurb for my blog in hopes of persuading my huge fanbase (HA!) to help her out in a contest she entered to help defray the costs of an expensive wedding:

So there's this contest held by Crate and Barrel, and as a bride-to-be, I entered it. Sheffield and I are two actors who have spent the majority of our relationship long-distance while I have been on tour with the American Shakespeare Center. Our wedding will take place in the midst of the ASC's Summer/Fall season in which I'll be performing, and I have asked for only one day off: 10-10-10, the wedding day itself. We could really use some votes. Check out the link below. We thank you!

Genuinely,
Ginna

http://www.ultimateweddingcontest.com/entries/31085

So, please, if you're taking the time to read this blog, do Ginna a favor and click on this link to vote for her dream wedding!

Ginna Hoben as Helena in All's Well That Ends Well. Photo by Mike Bailey.

No comments: