Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Harrisburg International Airport

Over the last several months I've been corresponding with Stephanie Gehman, the Marketing Manager at Harrisburg International Airport. She told me the next time I visited the area she would give me a tour of the facility. So, a few weeks ago after a stop at the Hershey Story where we took two chocolate decorating classes, my wife and I visited Stephanie for our tour. Harrisburg International sits on the Susquenhanna River with the imposing cooling towers of Three Mile Island in full view.


The Airport features a rather new public terminal and it is quite nice. Stephanie showed us around the public areas, but she also took us down into the basement to see how luggage is sorted. This is the part of the airport one rarely sees and Harrisburg features an innovative system. We were also taken out onto the tarmac and got to see a plane take off. Pretty neat stuff. Stephanie finished our tour by showing us the VIP lounge and then giving us some souvenirs to take home. If I ever fly into Central PA, I'll be sure to come through Harrisburg International.

No comments: