Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lancaster City

Despite my many trips to Lancaster County, I've not spent much time at all in Lancaster City. My parents and I went to Central Market sometime back in the 80s and my wife and I went on the Witness 20th Anniversary Movie Tour in 2005 that made a few stops downtown, most notably at the Lancaster Cultural Heritage Museum. Over the past few months I've gotten to know several Lancastrians, so I decided to meet up with Ken Mueller, a social media guru and owner of Inkling Media, who was kind enough to take time out of his busy day to give my wife and I a quick tour of Downtown and introduce us to some nice folks. We met up at Square One Coffee and had a nice conversation with Ken. I had a good Ancho Chile Mocha (I love the combination of ancho and chocolate). We then took a stroll through downtown, with Ken giving us a running commentary about particular places and events. We visited Fig Lancaster where we met Matt Brandt, whose wife is the co-creator and manager of Fig. Matt does the printing and designs for Fig's publications and artwork. Really nice stuff and a really nice guy. Ken then took us across the street to Central Market. Lancaster Central Market is the oldest continuously operated farmer's market in America and has a tremendous variety of stands where you can find nearly anything your stomach desires. While there, Ken introduced us to Michael Ervin, the Market Manager. Ken then had to head off for an appointment so we strolled around downtown a bit more then headed back out into the country.

No comments: